If you’ve lost most or all of your teeth, you will likely need dentures. You can choose either conventional dentures or dental implant dentures. With his years of experience restoring smiles, Dr. Powell can help you determine which option is best for you. He’ll examine you and consider factors including your oral health, your schedule, and your budget.
- Won’t Slip or Shift – Regular dentures rest on top of your gums, with suction (and sometimes denture adhesive) holding them in place. Unfortunately, this isn’t always enough. Sometimes they slip – often at the most embarrassing moments. When they are attached to dental implants, dentures won’t move around. You’ll feel more confident, and you’ll never need adhesive.
- Help You Enjoy Your Meals More – Implant dentures also give you chewing strength nearly equal to what you had before you lost your teeth. You can eat whatever you’d like, without worrying about dentures coming loose.
- You’ll Forget You Have Them – Loose dentures rub against your gums, which is uncomfortable. In contrast, implant dentures feel so natural you’ll probably forget all about them.
- Keep Your Jawbone Strong – Once they are embedded in your jaw, implants act like natural tooth roots. In addition to keeping your teeth in place, they provide stimulation that keeps your jawbone healthy and intact. With other kinds of replacement teeth, the bone in your jaw shrinks, which gives your face an older look.
- Simplify Your Care Routine – You won’t need special products to clean implant dentures. In many cases, you just brush and floss as you always have. Since your jawbone stays stronger, you also won’t need relining procedures to adjust how your dentures fit.
Interested in dental implant dentures? Call us now at 281-944-4752 to schedule an appointment.