At Jonathan F. Powell, DDS, building great relationships with our patients is the key to everything we do. One of the best ways to create a relationship with you is by having our general dentist in Richmond see you regularly. It’s a great opportunity for us to:
- Monitor the condition of your teeth and gums
- Discuss your smile challenges and goals with you
- Gain a better overall perspective on your oral health
- Show you the best ways to care for your mouth
- Suggest preventive care that will improve your overall oral health and eliminate unpleasant conditions like dry mouth and bad breath
It’s important to visit us for general dental care throughout your life. Ask us about our senior citizen discounts. To make an appointment with our general dentist, call us today at 281-944-4752.
Stop Cavities & More With Preventive Dental Care
While our team can repair damaged teeth with restorative dentistry, it’s easier and less expensive to stop problems like cavities and gum disease from ever occurring. Keep your mouth in top shape with:
- Dental Exams – Regular exams are the most important service we provide. They allow our dentists to detect and often prevent potential problems, lessening the need for repairs such as fillings and crowns.
- Dental Cleanings – Your smile will look and feel great following a thorough dental cleaning.
- Fluoride Treatments – Applying fluoride to teeth strengthens the enamel, which provides added protection against cavities.
- Dental Sealants – These ultra-thin coatings provide a physical barrier against decay. We may suggest them for children or for anyone who has trouble reaching tough-to-clean areas like back teeth.
- Gum Disease Treatment – Our general dentist can stop disease in its early and least damaging stages with a special deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing.
Protect Teeth From Damage With Custom Mouthguards
Regular cleanings and preventive treatments like fluoride can prevent many, but not all, kinds of dental damage. Our dentists can fit you for a custom mouthguard to:
- Keep Teeth Safe During Sports – A mouthguard cushions your teeth so they are protected during athletic activities. It will help you avoid cracks, breaks, and knocked-out teeth.
- Prevent You From Grinding Teeth – Bruxism (teeth grinding) is a habit that can result in chipped and cracked enamel and even broken teeth. A mouthguard moves your jaw into a position that stops grinding.
- Help You Breathe Easily at Night – A mouthguard can keep your airway open while you slumber, which keeps you from snoring and makes it easier to enjoy a restful night of sleep.