The Jonathan F. Powell, DDS team wants to help you keep your smile in its best condition. To do that, you should plan to see us every six months for dental cleanings and exams in Richmond. If you follow this schedule for your general dental care, you can:
- Remove the bacterial buildup that causes problems like cavities and gum disease
- Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing our dentists will find and treat small issues before they become bigger problems
- Smile with the confidence that comes from knowing your teeth and gums look great
- Prevent the kind of damage that requires costly restorative treatment to fix
- Enjoy the fresh feeling that results from a professional cleaning
If you need to schedule an exam and cleaning, call us today at 281-944-4752 . If you’re interested in adding extra oomph to your smile, ask about our special offer of $20 off home whitening.
Prevent Problems From Occurring With General Dental Care
A healthy mouth starts with daily brushing and flossing. But bacteria gets into so many nooks and crannies, it can be difficult to remove it all at home. Bacteria forms plaque, a sticky film that over time turns into a harder substance called tartar. If tartar isn’t removed with a professional cleaning, it gives bacteria a chance to:
- Eat through your tooth enamel, causing cavities and potentially an infection
- Get under your gums, causing gum disease
Fortunately, we offer treatments to:
- Prevent Cavities – You can strengthen tooth enamel with regular applications of fluoride. Stronger enamel is more resistant to decay. Our dentists can also apply dental sealants to help prevent bacteria from getting into the tiny grooves on top of your teeth.
- Stop Gum Disease From Progressing – Gum disease is so common that half of all American adults will have it. Fortunately, in its early stages, it can be treated with scaling and root planing, a procedure that removes bacteria from above and below the gumline.
For dental cleanings and exams in Richmond, call Jonathan F. Powell, DDS at 281-944-4752 .