Smile Proudly Again With Dental Implants in Richmond, TX
About 23 million U.S. adults age 65 and up have no teeth. Source.
With many kinds of replacement teeth, you may find you can’t eat all the foods you could before. But dental implants in Richmond give you chewing power nearly equal to what you had before losing teeth. In addition to a strong bite, you can enjoy these benefits of dental implants:
- Teeth That Stay in Place – Implants are embedded in your jaw, where they provide an extremely stable foundation for replacement teeth. Unlike conventional dentures, teeth attached to implants won’t slip or shift out of place.
- A Younger Appearance – Tooth roots keep your jawbone healthy by stimulating it when you chew. When you lose tooth roots, your jawbone shrinks. This makes you look older. Implants provide the same kind of stimulation as natural tooth roots, so your bone stays strong and your face looks younger.
- No-Hassle Care – Depending on the kind of implants you receive, you won’t need any special products to keep your teeth clean. You also won’t need denture adhesive.
To see if teeth implants are right for you, call us today at 281-944-4752 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Powell.
Explore Your Dental Implant Options
Dr. Powell will place some types of dental implants but will refer you to an oral surgeon for more complex implant procedures. After examining you and determining your dental needs, he will make the decision that is best for you. If you receive implants from a surgeon, you will return to our office to receive your replacement teeth.
You may receive:
- Implants With Crowns – Dr. Powell will attach a dental crown to an implant to replace a single tooth.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – Attaching a bridge to implants instead of to your own teeth eliminates the need to reshape otherwise healthy teeth.
- Mini Dental Implants – These implants, which are smaller in diameter, can sometimes be used when you don’t have enough bone to support standard dental implants.
- Dental Implant Dentures – You can choose sturdy dentures that you remove from implants yourself for cleaning or dentures that remain in place unless removed by your dentist.
No matter which kinds of implants you receive, you have the option of receiving oral sedation during your implant treatment.
For dental implants in Richmond, call Jonathan F. Powell, DDS at 281-944-4752. You can also request an appointment online.